Friday, March 22, 2013

Union Jack Dresser

I got 2 of these dressers off Craigs List, old and boring.  One of the sides had some water damage that was very noticeable.  In order to fix that I decided to patch it and cover with a decoupage technique I saw using brown paper bags and stain.  Who would have thought a bag could look like leather, I know right!  

Here it is before feeling unloved



I decided to try painting the British flag, Union Jack,  on the front.  I am truly drawn to this design, it makes me happy.  I'm not always patient when it comes to exact measurements, as you can see it isn't true to scale, but thats ok I like it.  A lot of taping, painting, and distressing later it was ready for some wax.  So happy with how it turned out.  The last issue I had was the base.  I hate it when dressers sit on the floor with no true edging, feet or skirt.  Easy solution, wheels, they just help finish the look.  Hope you like it as much as I do!






Here is a pic of the second dresser so you can see the difference in designs.







No comments:

Post a Comment