Saturday, March 23, 2013

Laundry room makeover!!



Ok, so anyone who knows me knows I HATE folding laundry and putting it away.  And with 8 people there is always tons of it!!  My laundry room isn't large but I have had a vision for 6 months now of a laundry basket dresser.  I see them all over pinterest and am always envious of those organized rooms.  I had bought 6 100 year old doors off Craigs List for $20 each, can you believe it!!!  I know, I did a happy dance and jumped in my car.  I wasn't about to let those get away!  I love me some old doors,  but I hate the prices at antique dealers around here.  I found one little place and she wanted $60 - $100 per door, can you say crazy?  I think I almost laughed at her when she told me, needless to say I haven't gone back :)  So anyway, they were sitting in my garage waiting to be turned into headboards.  But I had an idea.... take 3 and make a table to fold clothes on and shelves for all my baskets.  Yes!!!  I went to Lowes and bought a solid piece of wood for the shelf, some brackets and feet.  Cut, sand, drill and voila here it is.  I LOVE it!!  

Don't even ask if the laundry is done.. I'm busy painting!! :)

Oh, and after it was finished and I was folding laundry, yes I do that sometimes, I realized I really needed somewhere to hang all the shirts.  Enter door knobs, perfect solution!!






No comments:

Post a Comment