Thursday, March 21, 2013

Dresser for Tiffany

This little dresser was such a great find from a garage sale.  I saw it on CL and jumped in my car as fast as I could because I knew it would go fast.  I wasn't wrong either.  Right after I got there another couple was eyeballing it.... I got it :) yippee!!!

Here is a before


It was in great shape, very solid.  Just super ugly 1990's colors.  If you like that look it's nothing personal I just don't, smile :)  I had been searching for a French provincial style dresser for oh so long.  

After a little cleaning and hole filling on the top it was paint time!!  I love love love Annie Sloan Chalk Paint (ASCP).  That is what I primarily use.  I have tried Cee Cee Caldwell Paint (Cee Cee) and love it too but here is no local sales location to pick it up and I HATE waiting for things to come in the mail.  Anyone who knows me knows that when I get the itch to do a project it will get done :) and soon!!

Anywho, For this project Tiffany wanted ASCP in old white.  For the accent she wanted to use her own color she already painted in her daughter's room, not sure of the color name.  I used a recipe from Pinterest to make the other color into a chalk paint.  I do like the recipe for off colors but I will not cover a piece with it completely if I can use a ASCP or Cee Cee color.  

Long story short, since this is my first post and I hate writing, I am going to show you the finished piece.  I will try to include steps sometimes but mostly expect to just see before and afters.  

Here she is :) I'm in love!








No comments:

Post a Comment