Friday, February 7, 2014

Dressers re purposed into tv stands

One of my favorite things to re purpose are dressers into TV stands.  I love how simply removing a couple drawers can change the look of a dresser.  The great thing is if you later decide to make it a dresser just add baskets :) Here are a few before and after pics.

Before a pretty little girls dresser

 After.  I painted it a black chalk paint and dark waxed.  Changed out the pulls with leftover ones from a previous project.  Totally changed the look of the dresser!

 This was a beautiful piece I got at an estate sale of a friends.  It had great contemporary shape but needed an update.  I hated painting over the wood grain so I decided to paint a chevron design leaving parts of the wood showing. Spray paint the pulls and she is beautiful!!

Before

 After

 Wow this piece was borderline dead :) it was so dirty and beat up that I couldn't save the top two drawers.  After cleaning her up and building boxed for the shelves she was ready for paint.  I painted her ASCP Paris grey and yellow for the accents.

Before
 After
 This was my very first project.  The one that got it all started :) I still love her~~

 This was a very heavy dresser I thought would be perfect in a game room or family room.  You can fix a big screen TV and still have tons of room for storage of movies and games.  I painted it a homemade chalk paint in black and grey.  Love the industrial pulls :)




Another great Chevron dresser used as a console or TV stand.  You cant ever have too much chevron :)


 TV cabinet cut down into TV stand.  Painted homemade chalk paint in mustard and ASCP old white.  Distressed and waxed.


No comments:

Post a Comment