Friday, March 22, 2013

Dresser to Buffet

I found this cute little dresser years ago and used it in my daughters room until it was just falling apart too much.  With one drawer already broken I converted the space into a shelf.  It was in need of a makeover.  My inspiration was a pallet sitting in the corner of my garage and a can of blue paint.  I love love love blue furniture it's one of my favorite colors to use. 

Before, cute but needed updated and re purposed


First thing was to strip all of the many layers of paint off the top.  Let me tell you there were tons, probably 4 at least.  Once that was finished I sanded and stained the top sealing with poly.  Next I wanted to move where the shelf was using pallet wood.  I cut and secured the wood, sanded and stained.  With the top two drawers I wanted to remove them and make a wine bottle holder.  Using pallet wood again I cut half circles out of two piece and secured them together with more wood.  Sanded tons and stained.  

I loved how it turned out so much I considered keeping it :) 




No comments:

Post a Comment