Thursday, April 11, 2013

From yuck to yummy :)

Ok, lame title but it really is yummy!  I found this chair at Goodwill with my good friend Jodi :) Well it was because of her that I got it.  I loved the legs so much and knew that if they were painted it would make an amazing chair.

Before, see what I mean, yuck!



It needed to have all the legs and arms tightened down.  The veneer was chipping off and couldn't be saved and the fabric was gross to say the least.  

I wanted a color that would pop in any room and bring out the great legs and arms so I chose ASCP in Emperor's silk.  After painting the first coat I would say that I accomplished my goal :)


After 3 good coats I was ready to wax.  Clear wax followed by dark wax heavier in the cracks.  It's hard to see in pics but the color is actually deeper and there is more dark from the wax showing.  I hate how pictures don't capture the true beauty.  Oh, well.

Here she is finished, hope you like it as much as I do




No 31 is not my lucky number, but it is lucky to be on this chair, hahahaha :)




After many people said they loved the chair but not the 31 I decided to change it up.  Still love it :)










No comments:

Post a Comment