Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Dresser turned Buffet

I have had this dresser in my garage for a month and a half now and have been dying to work on it.  I could see the potential right away when it was posted on CL.  I wanted it to be a buffet but it was only 30in tall and that isn't enough unless you are short, which I am not :) Some 2x4's and 5 feet did the trick bringing it to almost 35in.

Before



I loved the carvings in the doors and drawers.  Kinda looked mid-evil or victorian in a way.  I decided to paint it ASCP Old white and Coco.  Inside accent is Olive.  Drawer pulls were too out dated so had to change those.  I lined the drawers with this metallic wallpaper I found on clearance at Home Depot.  Hours and hours of work later, done!  I just love how it turned out, if I could keep it I would :) Then again I always say that :)

After













Hope you like it!  Thanks for looking :)





No comments:

Post a Comment